New CAPS Services for Summer 2020
|Mental Health Hotline: Students who are experiencing a psychological emergency can call CAPS 404-727-7450 or walk in to CAPS to speak with an on call crisis counselor||Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-3:30PM|
|HelpLine: For peer counseling call 404-727-4357 (HELP)||Nightly, 8:30PM-1:00AM|
|Emory Healthcare psychiatrist-on-call: 404-778-5000||Available after hours or weekends|
- Mental Health Support for COVID-19 Responders
Services available to ALL Emory Healthcare and School of Medicine team members and hospital workers associated with ALL Emory-affiliated hospitals. The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences will provide:
- ASAP, free, flexible-hours support and consultation calls during the COVID-19 crisis
- ASAP individual therapy and/or medication management appointments (for those interested)
We thank you for your valuable service and are here to support you.
How to schedule a support and consultation call:
- Please click this link to sign up for an available time to compete an initial 30-minute support and consultation session: https://careforCOVID-19.as.me/
If you need to meet at another time that is not listed as available, or have difficulty signing up, please email Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability or concern.
- When you sign up for a call time, you will immediately receive a confirmation email including a Zoom link to connect to the call.
2) Zoom Stress Debriefing and Support Sessions
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and FSAP are coordinating zoom group stress debriefing and support sessions. Please contact FSAP at email@example.com to arrange such sessions.
Other Mental Health Resources
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line: 1-800-715-4225
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-2433 or 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: text HOME to 741741. Students of color can text STEVE to 741741.
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ): 866-488-7386
- TrevorChat line (LGBTQ): Text “trevor” to 202-304-1200 (7 Days/Week, 3pm–10pm EST)