Resources for third year students
See below for post-match panel information, residency application resources, and M4 peer mentorship!
Also organized on our Virtual Events Calendar
Post-match panels that have already been held:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery: Thursday, March 26th at 12:00 PM
- OB/GYN: Monday, March 30th at 1:00 PM
- Internal Medicine: Monday, March 30th at 4:00 PM
- Ophthalmology: Monday, March 30th at 6:00 PM
- Family Medicine: Tuesday, March 31st at 5:00 PM
- Orthopedics: Wednesday, April 1 at 6:00 PM
- Med-Peds: Wednesday, April 1 at 6:00 PM
- Psychiatry: Thursday, April 2nd at 12:00PM
- Neurology: Thursday, April 2 at 4:00 PM
- Otolaryngology: Tuesday, April 7th at 4:00 PM
- Anesthesiology: Tuesday, April 7th at 5:00 PM
- Pediatrics: Tuesday, April 7th at 6:00 PM
- Emergency Medicine: Wednesday, April 8th at 4:00 PM
- Radiology: Wednesday, April 8th at 5:00 PM
- Neurosurgery: Wednesday, April 8th at 6:00 PM
- Surgery + Vascular: Thursday, April 9th at 5:00 PM
- Dermatology: Thursday, April 9th at 6:00 PM
- Pediatrics: Tuesday, April 14th at 6:00 PM
- EMA Match Panel: Wednesday, April 15th at 4:00 PM
- Radiation Oncology: Wednesday, April 15th at 5:00 PM
From Dr. Powers 3/22/20:
To move to start Discovery early, either on Monday (3/23) or in the April rotation:
1. Send an email to Sherice and to me telling us when you wish to start
2. Go to the online Google spreadsheet and add your name to the list if you plan to start on Monday.
We will be updating start dates in the Canvas Discovery site as soon as we can. I hope this answers many or most of your questions. Let me know if there are additional concerns. I will keep you informed as I learn more myself, and will try to be adding more resources to the Canvas site once we get through this initial phase of rescheduling.
From Dr. Powers 3/20/20:
We have received approval from the ECC to accelerate some Discovery starts. As described in Dr. Brownfield’s email yesterday, there will be electives that you can chose to take online, starting Monday, or you can start on Discovery sooner than originally planned. The form that this will take is partly dependent on the type of project you planned and where you are in the approval process.
The biggest change is that you will be able to begin Discovery and use the time to first prepare your research proposal, work on the IRB application, if that was planned, things that would normally be done in advance of Discovery.
I will send an email with more detail and specifics later this morning. Please hold your emails inquiries until then. In the meantime, give some thought to what you would like to do, and when you would want to start your Discovery. I know that schedules are in flux.
Of course laboratory research projects and projects involving patients in clinic will not be able to start data collection, but the time can be used for preparation.
If you would like to help us populate this page, or if you have ideas for helpful resources for your class, please reach out to ATLStudentCOVIDResponse@gmail.com!