Check out student-led responses to COVID-19 at Emory and around the country
Resources and Updates by Class Year:
Check out this 9-minute video on Ergonomics While Working from Home
COVID-19 Infographics created by Emory med students:
“Pathogenesis to Pandemic”
Dr. Varun Phadke, Dr. Erica Brownfield, and other outstanding faculty are leading this new, non-clinical elective as the story of coronavirus continues to unfold.
We invite you to join the student-led sessions on Tuesday mornings from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM EST.
Other resources for HCW’s at Emory – if you are a student or healthcare worker at Emory who would like to get your group (nursing, technicians, sonographers, therapists, etc.) involved in our efforts, please reach out to ATLStudentCOVIDResponse@gmail.com
At Other Schools
- Volunteer Activities for Students – a shared document with schools across the country
- Harvard Medical School’s student-developed COVID-19 Curriculum:
- They plan to update the documents regularly on Fridays for the next few weeks. Currently in development is an additional module covering practical skills that students will need for upcoming clinical roles (for example, PPE).
If you have symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19
If you are on campus, access your patient portal and send a MESSAGE (far left column) to the “COVID-19 Assessment Provider.” A nurse and/or provider will review your message and call you back with management recommendations within 4 hours (Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
- For all students with urgent concerns and after hours, including weekends, please call 404-727-7551.
- If you are experiencing severe symptoms, dial 911 or call the Emergency Room before you arrive, if you were exposed to either confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases or traveled to areas where community transmission is widespread.
- Please do NOT come to the office if you have a cough or fever without speaking to a nurse and/or a provider.